Monday, May 25, 2009

Luzern With Maxine

Luzern is amazing. It is such a beautiful location! Maxine and I met in the Zurich airport, and headed straight to Luzern, which is about an hour away. Luzern is right on a lake in the alps, full of cute shops and restaurants. Unfortunately it was cloudy the first day, and the alps weren't fully visible until late the second day.

Maxine and I wandered around the first day. We climbed a clock tower along the old wall, which went off while we were inside of it. We both almost fell over, and screamed so loudly!

That night we ate fondue - cheese and chocolate are, after all, the best swiss exports. It was delicious, and the owner of the restaurant looked like your typical swiss man with large glasses and eyebrows out of control.

The next day we had planned on hiking (or taking a gondola) to the top of the mountain, but it was totally covered in clouds. Instead we took a ferry around the lake, then got off and walked back to the train station. We stopped along the way for a delicious Swiss lunch, then got back just in time to make our train. Whereupon I left my camera in the Swiss train when we changed in Basel.
Luckily, people in Switzerland are nice (or at least some of them are) and returned my camera. I picked it up last week. I will never EVER let it out of my sight again.
A sea of blue and orange balloons
Flowers along the bridge


Maxine at our restaurant
Balloons!
Getting oriented
Up close and personal on the ferry









A swan nest! I had no idea that they looked like this!




Look at the alps in the background! Gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment