Friday, September 10, 2010

Fishing and the Finale (Rockport part six)

Our last full day in Rockport, the boys (Papa and Dad included) went fishing while Mom and I explored Newburyport. Since I did not go fishing myself, all of these pictures are taken from Dad or Papa's camera.
























After their fishing trip and our day in Newburyport, the fam packed up and headed out to Crane's Beach. The beach isn't our normal one, and I think I was a little unprepared for how crowded it would be. It's very nice, but it's just full of people. On the way home, the boys and I stopped at the store to pick up some seasoning for Papa's fish. Of all the boys, Papa was the only one to catch a "keeper," which was quite enough to feed us all that night. We cooked it on the campfire with onions and seasoning, and had a little corn on the cob, bread, cheese, and wine with it. I have to say, it was probably my favorite meal of the vacation. There's nothing like fresh caught fish, especially when you know who caught it!

Our fish
Parents
Dinner still-life

The brand of wine we found for Mom: "Mommy's Time Out"
Mom with her wine
...this is why she needs it
Cooking

Yet another reason that mom needs the wine

The rest of our trip went really well. I'm pretty sure we just spent some time on Wingaersheek beach, hanging out, doing nothing - isn't that what vacations are for?





No comments:

Post a Comment