Wednesday, March 4, 2009

battle with the wash

Today was laundry day, mostly because my roommate decided to show me how to do it. Unfortunately, this meant buying laundry detergent. Who knew that German laundry detergent doesn't smell good, that only fabric softener does. Challenge #1 was finding laundry detergent. Challenge #2: the machine itself. I figured it out eventually, though did not figure out temperature settings in time. Therefore, all of my once white clothes are a lovely shade of gray. Anything pink is slightly purple. Everything else was dark, so it was saved. The culprit, besides my lack of understanding of wash temperature, was a pair of socks that I stole from the airplane. Navy blue socks. I put everything together since I don't have enough to wash yet, and usually it's okay at school as long as I wash it all on cold.
On tomorrow's shopping list? Bleach.

No comments:

Post a Comment