Saturday, November 6, 2010

Föhn side effects


The city, with a nice view of the fortress and the mountain behind it.

Beautiful weather is one of the side effects of Föhn that I can definitely live with. It was nearly 70 degrees this past Saturday, which made it a perfect day for a hike! I stood out like a sore thumb in my athletic attire - Austrians seem to think that hiking up a mountain (albeit a small one) does not count as exercise enough to put on any special workout clothing. I am learning not to care, though. If I'm going to get sweaty, I'd prefer to be wearing comfortable clothing!

After the hike and a refreshing shower, I met up with my fellow Fulbrighters for a picnic on the river accompanied by quite a few good laughs. Too bad Föhn and its side effects are on the way out! I wouldn't mind getting used to this!

Map of the mountain
View from the mountain, somewhere in the direction of my house
View towards the city
More views, somewhere in between the city and my house.
Monks on the door of the cloister on top of the mountain
The castle through the trees
My path up the mountain


Robin Hood's hideout?









Our picnic

No comments:

Post a Comment