Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Rockport, '10 (part one)

Finally, I'm almost up to speed on my blog! Our trip to Rockport this year started off fabulously. The family (minus Dad) had gotten to the campsite before dark the previous night, and I'd driven out the next morning. The day was one of those days that's so beautiful and the sky is so blue that it's hard to imagine that it can be any other way. I think I drove all the way from Worcester to Rockport with the windows down. I met the fam at the campsite, since they hadn't left yet, and together we headed to the beach. The boys did a little pipe smoking, we all did a little lounging around, and everything was perfect.

Later that afternoon, Mom and I picked Dad up at the commuter rail station. From there, we all headed in toward Rockport and had our first official dinner - as we always do - at Ellen's.

The next day was another absolutely gorgeous day, and we headed back to Cape Hedge beach where we met Pat's friend Nate. Unfortunately, though, I had to head back to Worcester for work, and my beach day was cut short. Luckily, though, we got Nate to take a family pictures before we both left.

Pipe smoking before my arrival.

Sorry for the unflattering angle, Donna. I plead innocence - I did not take the picture
Men.
Sisters walking around











If only you knew the sounds that accompanied Mom getting into the frigid water

Motif #1

A tale (tail? teehee, so punny) of the lobster and Donna. There was a pretty good soundtrack to this photo, too. In her defense, though, it was an awfully tough lobster


Dad protecting Mom from the projectile lobster bits. How gentlemanly

Chris is an excellent mimic, especially when it comes to Dad

Money shot. Photo credit goes to Papa


Breakfast. Dad's all alone at the picnic table. Too early for conversation?



Papa's new screensaver? Except my legs aren't up in the air like they were in the other one.
Donna, I cut out the bottom of the photo, as per your request.

No comments:

Post a Comment