Sunday, April 26, 2009

Bray, Ireland

In the middle of my Dublin trip, I decided I needed to see more of the Irish countryside. So I took a train (4 eruo, both ways!) to Bray, which is about 40 minutes south of Dublin down the coast. I didn't see sheep, however I did see the coast and the hills, which definitely made it worth it. Apparently one of the attractions in Bray is a big hill/mountain with a cross on top. I tried to climb it, but accidentally took the wrong path, which led me up around the cliffs. Halfway around, I realized my mistake and tried to climb up to the top from there in my nice little German walking shoes....not a very good idea. The path was virtually nonexistant, and my shoes were not made for climbing it. I never made it to the top, but I almost got there and the views were spectacular. I also hiked around in the hills for a while, and explored the town of Bray, which was cute and fun. All in all, a great day.

Not a sandy beach

The coast and the mountain. There's a nice winding path up the right/middle of the mountain - I walked straight up the left.
Mom and Donna's future retirement home, with ocean views.
The boardwalk
Beginning of the wrong way up


Ruins of something



Beautiful
My "path"
I would not reccommend this way up, but it was beautiful.







The Bray crew team, which rows in viking boats on the ocean. Ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment