Thursday, April 16, 2009

Regensburg - visiting Kaci

Regensburg is a cute Bavarian town north of Munich. It's known for being an old Roman settlement, and its stone bridge (steinbrucke). I don't know a lot about the history because I didn't experience any of it...except for the oldest confectionery shop in Germany. Most of my time was spent with Kaci, hanging out with her, catching up. I haven't seen her since highschool! We had an absolute blast! We also got to go to Munich, and we picked the only sunny day to go. The rest of the time it rained, and though 'regen' is the word for rain, Regensburg is not named for the amount of rain it gets but for the river Regen.

Kaci in the amazing truffle shop
Candy!

Cake at the oldest confectionery in Germany! Soo good.
Reunited!
The glockenspiel in Munich. It was playing at the time of this photo. Also, note the blue skies.

A real Bavarian biergarten in Munich. The location of the best wurst I have ever had.
Weiss wurst, a Bavarian specialty. But the real treat is the mustard that goes with it. Amazing.

The best park ever. Kaci and I lay on the grass and soaked up the sun for a good hour.
More of the park

Blue skies!

Kaci and me, back in Regensburg. We hung out at one of her friends' dorms, had a few beers, and played music. It was a terriffic time.

No comments:

Post a Comment